The Firsts of Spring Part 1

Peter Som


I really love how bright and springy this collection is. The prints and styles are out of control and seriously, look at the shoes. I really don't like all those kitten heels on the runways for fall (maybe it's because of my age, just a thought) and seeing these super duper awesomely high pumps makes me happy.

Cushnie et Ochs 
This collection is SO COOL. I love how different it is and how it's so dark for spring, but the minimalism and prints still keep it light. It's kind of refreshing actually. It's the perfect balance. The sheer and leather pleats are genius and the whites that look acid washed are a great touch.

Ports 1961
The whole collection is fabulous but the ending definitely has to be my favorite part. I have a huge obsession with metallics, sparkles and that royal blue, the color is gorgeous. 

Nicholas K

This collection is extremely bad ass. These are my kinds of clothes, and it just goes to push my point further that motorcycle boots go with every season. And hello, coolest pair of lounge shorts ever and you have to love the sunglasses. You just have to.

Ruffian

Ruffian is pretty much always cool. Claude Morais and Brian Wolk are just cool people. The military theme and 90's minimalistic grunge  are definitely prominent, like in most of the spring collections so far, but I'm not complaining. I honestly hate the 90's clothes wise, but the 2011 version is very cool. 

Vena Cava
Overalls! Cool necklaces! The colors! The shoes! The headbands!
I think I made my point.

Jason Wu
I just couldn't narrow down my favorites for this one. I love the colors and the feminine details. It's just so happy. Not to mention extremely pretty. And then you look at the pants and you're like wait, this collection is happy, pretty, and empowering? Well shoot.

Bensoni
I must say that this is my favorite spring collection so far. The stripes and the pleats and the patterns and the bright yellows are all so fresh and fun! I never knew bright yellow could look this good. And those coral and yellow ruffled skirts? To dye for! 


No comments:

Post a Comment